World Service is locally rooted and globally connected, working with communities, authorities, organizations, churches and related agencies at both the grassroots and international levels.
Our Related agencies include:
• Australian Lutheran World Service
• Brot für die Welt
• Canadian Lutheran World Relief
• Christian Aid
• Church of Sweden
• Church World Service
• Diakonie Austria-International Humanitarian Aid
• Evangelischer Entwicklungsdienst (EED)
• Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
• Finn Church Aid
• Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Mission
• Hungarian Interchurch Aid
• Icelandic Church Aid
• Interchurch Organisation for Development Co-operation (ICCO)
• Lutheran Immigration Refugee Service
• Lutheran World Relief
• Norwegian Church Aid
• Vereinigte Evangelisch-Lutherische Kirche Deutschlands
• Wakachiai Project
World Service also collaborates with various United Nations relief, rehabilitation
and development agencies such as the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR),
the World Food Programme (WFP) and UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and participates
in global humanitarian platforms to discuss common challenges, evaluate
program and plan joint projects.
The LWF is a founding member of the ACT Alliance (Action by Churches Together), one of the world’s largest networks of churches and church related humanitarian relief and development organizations. The ACT Alliance cooperates closely with the World Council of Churches and the LWF, an ecumenical partnership that results in improved emergency response, increased collaboration and joint advocacy efforts.
World Service is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief and is a member of the global quality assurance body Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP).